Once Upon a Time, Chat Time!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fairy Tale Time

Who wrote Henry's book?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who wrote Henry's book? - Page 3 Empty Who wrote Henry's book?

Aside from the fact that MM gave Henry that book, we know little else about it. Where did it come from? Was it a byproduct of the curse? Did Mr. Gold write it? or perhaps Jefferson? What are your thoughts?

Who wrote Henry's book discussion
wileycatpp
wileycatpp
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Who wrote Henry's book? :: Comments

Anonymous

Post 6/28/2012, 7:37 pm by Guest

Lazey wrote:

Wow, I need to rewatch Hat Trick, what Jefferson says about the book makes him seem even more likely as the author. From what I saw of the finale it appears he spent a lot of time at the hospital (By his hospital scrubs maybe even worked there) could be how he knew Belle was there, and this is reaching, but could he as the Mad Hatter have access to repressed memories of other people? He might have visited John Doe and learned about him putting Emma in the wardrobe. But then, I think he was stuck in his mansion for 28 years...

So many potential authors just from who is available in the series so far, I will be ticked if they introduce a brand new character in season two that wrote Henry's book.

:lol!: I've watched it at least 50 times...yes, no hope! Wink

The hard part for any of these characters and the writers that supply them what to say is that you can read between the lines on a lot of it. Do you go one way or the other...

As Jeff might say..."Drives you Mad"!!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Lazey

Post 6/28/2012, 6:16 pm by Lazey

I saw in an interview, I think it was the facebook one (I'll link when I find it)? Where the writers said that because of the Curse Mary Margaret just felt like the book had always been in her house, (they also joked about her getting it off eBay :D) so someone must have placed it in her apartment. Maybe Gold.

I have no proof that Sidney saw Charming put Emma in the wardrobe, but since he can spy through mirrors and reflective surfaces he could have seen it happen. Regina probably wanted him to spy in the castle for her during the attack/Dark Curse.

August makes the most sense but I'm pretty sure the writers said it was not him besides adding to the book, I still haven't found that source.

Wow, I need to rewatch Hat Trick, what Jefferson says about the book makes him seem even more likely as the author. From what I saw of the finale it appears he spent a lot of time at the hospital (By his hospital scrubs maybe even worked there) could be how he knew Belle was there, and this is reaching, but could he as the Mad Hatter have access to repressed memories of other people? He might have visited John Doe and learned about him putting Emma in the wardrobe. But then, I think he was stuck in his mansion for 28 years...

So many potential authors just from who is available in the series so far, I will be ticked if they introduce a brand new character in season two that wrote Henry's book.

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 6/28/2012, 5:43 pm by SW7_PC2

PrinceEric wrote:Hey, new guy here. I think Gold, while he didn't write the book, did give it to MM. Have we not seen him threading pages together (and know, I'm not thinking of seeing August in the "workshop") I thin a couple times different people have come in, she stops what he's doing and moves to some other counter.

WELCOME PRINCEERIC!!! Good thoughts! :-) I do think Gold or more Rumple has something to do with it...I think he some how layered it into the curse. Henry seems to have the book, most of the time.

Back to top Go down

PrinceEric

Post 6/28/2012, 4:44 pm by PrinceEric

Hey, new guy here. I think Gold, while he didn't write the book, did give it to MM. Have we not seen him threading pages together (and know, I'm not thinking of seeing August in the "workshop") I thin a couple times different people have come in, she stops what he's doing and moves to some other counter.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/27/2012, 1:19 am by Guest

Ranna156 wrote:
BeautyIsSleepingIn wrote:i must say i do like the magic mirror/sidney glass theory. i had never even thought about him having a part in it!

When did we see that he knew the end of the book?
we dont. but Lazey had a good point in that sidney would have access to basically anything he would want to see. maybe he was in the middle of writing their story when the curse hit FL. plus theirs still so much they are going to reveal in season 2, so who knows. but the two leading candidates for me are rumple, or august.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/26/2012, 10:53 pm by Guest

BeautyIsSleepingIn wrote:i must say i do like the magic mirror/sidney glass theory. i had never even thought about him having a part in it!

When did we see that he knew the end of the book?

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/26/2012, 10:36 pm by Guest

My bubble....

Lazey wrote:
Cuddlyasatiger wrote:To add a theory to Lazey's list:

August/Pino: (This is assuming that another theory that August visited SB before Emma came is true.) He wrote the book, left it with MM hoping it would trigger memories. He didn't put his own story in because at the time he was ashamed and embarrassed for abandoning/losing Emma.

I just started on this one, so it needs a little fleshing out.

August would make the perfect candidate as the author of the book, he is a writer and is from FTL.
BUT, I think either in an interview or on twitter the show's writer's said that August did not write Henry's book.
If not for that August makes the most sense as the author of Henry's book.

... is burst. No

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/26/2012, 10:29 pm by Guest

i must say i do like the magic mirror/sidney glass theory. i had never even thought about him having a part in it!

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/26/2012, 10:14 pm by Guest

i am still going with someone had a hand in the creation of the book...

either i think it was rump and that was what he was collecting all those items for and he didn't have anything of Pinocchio's so that is why his story wasn't in the book.

OR it was the Blue Fairy and one of her preparations was making a book and she deliberately left out Pinocchio's story so as not to show her deception about how many people could get in the wardrobe!

I also think it is possible August came to SB before. Also I am still convinced that BF remembered as well!

I think she had something to do with finding Henry...but Jeff is a good candidate as well since he DEFINITELY remembered and possibly could have found the story of Emma showing up and tried to look up/keep tabs on her and Pinocchio! I really want to see that cut scene between August and JEfferson! Can't WAIT for the DVD's to come out!!!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/26/2012, 9:21 pm by Guest

@Lazey and Cuddly...

Gr8 points...like all!

Lazey...your pointing out Jefferson made me go back to the 'Hat Trick' episode and the one section of dialogue between Emma and him:

Emma "Have you been reading Henry's book?"

Jefferson "...Oh Henry, YOUR Henry and his book of stories-the ones that you chose to ignore. Maybe if you knew what I know...you wouldn't."

I never thought him a candidate...but, he really could be!
There is more backstory we need on him-he's leaving too much open to interpretation here...

Back to top Go down

Lazey

Post 6/26/2012, 9:17 pm by Lazey

Cuddlyasatiger wrote:To add a theory to Lazey's list:

August/Pino: (This is assuming that another theory that August visited SB before Emma came is true.) He wrote the book, left it with MM hoping it would trigger memories. He didn't put his own story in because at the time he was ashamed and embarrassed for abandoning/losing Emma.

August would make the perfect candidate as the author of the book, he is a writer and is from FTL.
BUT, I think either in an interview or on twitter the show's writer's said that August did not write Henry's book.
If not for that August makes the most sense as the author of Henry's book.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/26/2012, 8:51 pm by Guest

To add a theory to Lazey's list:

Back to top Go down

Lazey

Post 6/26/2012, 6:41 pm by Lazey

Reposting something I posted in another Once forum about the book's author:

Can't wait for them to reveal the book's author. I like to think that the Dark Curse itself created the book, which would probably mean Rumple made it. But I have a few other authors I'm theorizing about, such as:

The Mirror/Genie - that guy could see everything including the very end of the book where Emma goes through the wardrobe. Maybe he stil had some genie magic or writing utensils with him in the mirror. That his counterpart in Storybrooke is a writer- news reporter- could not just be a coincidence.

Regina - I'm basing this solely on the fact that Henry said that Hansel & Gretel's father abandoned them and Regina told the kids that their father abandoned them- the father was abducted, he did not abandon them. If the book says their father abandoned his children why did it use the same lie as Regina? This could also support the Mirror theory.

Baelfire is a favorite potential author but as far as we know he has not been in FTL since he went through the vortex so how would he know all of this? Unless he found his own way back, or met up with August and August told him everything.

Jefferson - He's unhinged but he seems to know everything like where Belle was locked up. But he did not seem to know anything about the book when Emma mentioned it to him.

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 6/23/2012, 12:45 pm by SW7_PC2

LZenOUT wrote:I agree with the original post. I think book is a by-product of the curse. The reason I see for Pino's story not being in there is because he wasn't affected by the curse and Geppetto was already included in Jiminy's story.

That is what would make sense to me. If they come up with something else, I'll just chalk it up to another plot hole since I can see no way that any one character would know all the details of everyone's story.

I agree with this too! I think, maybe Rumple added it into a layer of the curse, to just be created, hoping HE would find it and bring back his memories. Because when the curse was created, no one KNEW Emma would have a son and then give it up. (BTW, I can't wait to see how he "got" Henry, I really hope they explain it!) So it ended up at the school or wherever it was and Since Henry was so different then the other kids, had an imagination and all, it was given to him.

It does make sense that Pino's story wouldn't be in there, since he left pre-curse. But what I wanna know, is how did August even know about the book to add his story? I forget, did he see Henry with it or did Emma talk to him about the book? Been so long!

(I think I am going to have a Marathon Weekend soon and re-watch all in order. Maybe I could get my MIL to take the kids for the weekend, so I could actually watch all 22 with no interruptions! LOL!)

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/23/2012, 12:08 pm by Guest

LZenOUT wrote:I agree with the original post. I think book is a by-product of the curse. The reason I see for Pino's story not being in there is because he wasn't affected by the curse and Geppetto was already included in Jiminy's story.

That is what would make sense to me. If they come up with something else, I'll just chalk it up to another plot hole since I can see no way that any one character would know all the details of everyone's story.

I think it could have been a person using magic to create the book...and that they didn't need/have to know all the details. Maybe that is/was why Rump was collecting all those items...he created the book but he didn't necessarily know the stories...maybe he just never had an item from Pinocchio so that is why his story wasn't in it...Or the BF did it with magic somehow and deliberately 'designed' the magic to leave out Pino!

It possible it was a by-product of the curse as well...but there are other peoples stories who are missing..and Jefferson wasn't even in FTL when the curse hit and Pinocchio may not have been affected by the curse BUT Geppetto was...so you would think that at least his part in the whole Pinocchio story would have been told if it was a by-product

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/23/2012, 10:58 am by Guest

I agree with the original post. I think book is a by-product of the curse. The reason I see for Pino's story not being in there is because he wasn't affected by the curse and Geppetto was already included in Jiminy's story.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/23/2012, 10:50 am by Guest

Nice avatar Beauty!

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/23/2012, 12:12 am by Guest

so far my theory is that rumple wrote the book. i just feel like theres not enough said about the BF to say that she did or didn't write the book, and personally im not sure if i believe shes good or bad haha, so maybe im being biased. hopefully they dive more into her story in season 2!

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/22/2012, 9:15 pm by Guest

I am not saying anyone is wrong - haha - but I can see that if the BF had a hand in the creation...she could have left out the Pino/Geppetto story that led to Pino getting in the wardrobe. maybe she did something BEFORE the final hours and already set it in motion that the book would leave out Pino...BUT it still somehow created a book based on the TRUE events that took place...not sure i am explaining my theory/thought very well but it makes perfect sense in my mind!

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/22/2012, 9:09 pm by Guest

I'll have to re-watch the episode. I'm not saying your wrong, but I'm not saying I'm wrong either, haha :pirat:

Back to top Go down

gran68

Post 6/22/2012, 8:46 pm by gran68

Well that is true but that was months before the baby came... yes she made that deal with Geppetto but she reniged on it when the baby came early.... she told Geppetto that Pino could NOT go, she left Geppetto with the understanding that Pino could not go and that Snow would have to go instead. The deal the BF made with Gep was assuming that it would be Snow and Pino.... the deal was off when the baby came early... so the BF assumed that it was Snow and Emma who went in the wardrobe and that is where the book ends... with PC putting Emma in the wardrobe, being mortally wounded and then the EQ takes them all away...

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/22/2012, 8:37 pm by Guest

gran68 wrote: Well I could almost go along with the BF theroy except when the BF left Geppetto when Snows baby was coming early she told Geppetto that Pino could NOT go...!!!!!! That Snow had to accompany her daughter so she would have someone to quide her.... SOOOO with that she left to prepare the fairies for the curse... I am going to stick with my original theory that is was Rumple that created the book. I still believe he would make sure that Henry would be the one to bring the savior back to Storybrook(or the other world ) were she would then break the curse.. That BOOK was what lead to breaking the curse and that was his original goal... So I say Rumplestilskin....wrote or created the book. Oh, the part of the Pino and Geppetto's story that was in the book was the last part of their story.. we still have not gotten all of that story yet.. who were his parents(puppets) and why were they so important the Rumple has them as trophys in his castle... Something going on there.. we will see (maybe)

But she knew Pino went through because that was the deal Gepetto made. He would carve the wardrobe, but only if Pino went through. So the BF told SW, PC, and the rest of the war council that only 1 could go through.
That being said, I am also leaning toward Rump having something to do with the book.
Good question on Gep's parents.

Back to top Go down

gran68

Post 6/22/2012, 8:22 pm by gran68

Re: Who wrote Henry's book?
by Ranna156 on 18/06/12, 09:39 am

.+

-
I would think his story wouldn't be in there because the Blue Fairy lied about the wardrobe...so maybe she didn't want his story in there...showing that he got in there...I used to think it was a by-product of the curse...but just the fact that it was missing a HUGE piece of the puzzle screams someone had a hand in its creation. I am going with the fairies...haha

Well I could almost go along with the BF theroy except when the BF left Geppetto when Snows baby was coming early she told Geppetto that Pino could NOT go...!!!!!! That Snow had to accompany her daughter so she would have someone to quide her.... SOOOO with that she left to prepare the fairies for the curse... I am going to stick with my original theory that is was Rumple that created the book. I still believe he would make sure that Henry would be the one to bring the savior back to Storybrook(or the other world ) were she would then break the curse.. That BOOK was what lead to breaking the curse and that was his original goal... So I say Rumplestilskin....wrote or created the book. Oh, the part of the Pino and Geppetto's story that was in the book was the last part of their story.. we still have not gotten all of that story yet.. who were his parents(puppets) and why were they so important the Rumple has them as trophys in his castle... Something going on there.. we will see (maybe)

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/22/2012, 2:04 pm by Guest

ahh thats right. i forgot she said that... opps!

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 6/22/2012, 1:58 pm by Guest

I think it more likely it was Rump who made the cloak for Granny...Granny said she paid a wizard...that says male...but i could be wrong...can women be wizards? Anyway i think Granny would have said fairy if it was one of the fairies...also she said she PAID for it...so far I haven't seen the fairies take any payment for their magic...

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next