Once Upon a Time, Chat Time!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fairy Tale Time

Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13

Go down

Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13  Empty Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13

Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13  Images10

Hulu Plus Members watch FULL episodes HERE

It’s a cold, dark night on the Storybrooke town line, as Mr. Gold (Rumplestiltskin) stands intently looking out as the road stretches onward to the rest of the world. His son, Baelfire, is somewhere out there, and Gold is intent on finding him. But when someone crosses the town line, they lose all memory of their true, Fairy Tale selves and forever taken on their cursed identity. Mr. Gold thinks he has a magical solution to that problem, but he needs to test it. Good thing, then, that he brought along the captive Mr. Smee, whom he’s had since the end of “The Crocodile.” He pours a magical potion over Smee’s hat, slaps it on his head and pushes him over the line. Smee panics as magic ripples around him, but it quickly dissipates and he remembers everything. The test was a success and Mr. Gold can go find his son. He tells Belle the next morning that he has to go find his son. She asks if she can come, too, but there’s only enough magic left to enchant one more object, meaning only one person can go. It has to be him. She agrees and gets ready to say goodbye for a while.

Flash back to Fairy Tale Land where we find Belle way back where we left her in the season 1 episode, “Dreamy”. She’s having an ale in a pub when she overhears some men talking about hunting down a vicious beast. After a talk with Dreamy—he hasn’t become Grumpy quite yet—about how she’s always dreamed of adventure, she decides to sign herself up. The life of a rough-and-tumble adventurer is new to her, but she’s able to apply her wits and love of books to help track down the vicious, fire-breathing Yaoguai. Too bad her dim-witted cohorts have no interest in listening to a girl who gets ideas out of books. So, she leads them astray and decides to go after the creature herself. That turns out to be a bad idea when the Yaoguai is more fearsome than she bargained for. Luckily, the warrior Mulan has been hunting the creature herself and saves Belle, but the creature escapes. Mulan’s also there later to protect Belle when her former travelling companions—who didn’t like being sent on a wild goose chase—threaten to drop her down the town well.

Back in Storybrooke, Belle is working in the library when a familiar man walks in. It’s Hook! He was able to get Archie to tell him about how Mr. Gold cares for Belle, and now Hook’s plotting to use her to get to him. As he chases after her, Hook reveals that Gold, as Rumplestiltskin, murdered his former wife, the woman he loved. Belle refuses to believe the vengeful pirate and escapes into the elevator to call Mr. Gold for help. She stays there until Gold arrives to save her, but when they return to his shop they find it smashed and the shawl he needs to leave town is stolen. Gold gives her a gun to protect herself and storms off to find Hook. But before he can leave, Belle asks him to promise her that he only goes after Hook to get the shawl back, not for revenge. On a nearby rooftop, Mr. Smee brings the shawl to Hook as he looks on, glad to have his crocodile trapped in Storybrooke.

In Fairy Tale Land, Mulan is convinced that Belle can help her track and kill the Yaoguai. Soon enough, they find the creature burning crops in some sort of strange pattern. Mulan is convinced that the beast is nothing but a creature of destruction, but Belle thinks there may be something more to it. She’s concocted a plan to stop the Yaoguai, and Mulan trusts her to carry it out, even letting her borrow he precious sword. Belle gets the creature’s attention and it chases after her into the nearby village, where she uses the sword to cut down a water tower, showering the beast. With its flames doused, it falls to the ground, weakly scratching at the dirt. Then Belle realizes it’s writing “save me.” She puts away the sword and instead pulls out some fairy dust her friend Dreamy gave to her. She sprinkles it on the Yaogaui and it transforms into Prince Philip! He had been cursed by Maleficent and Belle saved him. He thanks her profusely and resumes his quest to save Aurora, but Belle heads off on her own quest to redeem Rumplestiltskin. Unfortunately, she stumbles right into The Evil Queen and her guards. Regina takes Belle away to be locked in her tower, a chess piece to be used against The Dark One.

Against Mr. Gold’s wishes, Belle goes after Hook and the shawl. She manages to discover Hook’s ship, The Jolly Roger, floating invisibly on the Storybrooke docks and steps aboard. She finds Archie and sets him free, then goes looking for the shawl. She finds it, in Hook’s hand! He chases after her, but once again Mr. Gold is there, and this time gets his hands, or, well, cane, on Hook. He’s ready to rip the pirate’s heart out, but Belle stops him. Maybe she really has made him a better man. Gold tells Hook to sail away or he WILL kill him. Then he and Belle head for the town line. Gold enchants the shawl and steps over the line. But just as he does, Hook appears with a gun and shoots Belle in the stomach, sending her teetering over the town line. The magic takes hold and she forgets everything about her real identity. Mr. Gold is heartbroken and furious and prepares to hurl a magic fireball at Hook when a car comes down the road from outside of town and hits Hook before crashing! Someone from the outside world has found Storybrooke!

“The Outsider” was written by Andrew Chambliss & Ian Goldberg and directed by David Solomon.

Source: ABC

Last edited by SW7_PC2 on 3/6/2013, 5:47 pm; edited 10 times in total
SW7_PC2
SW7_PC2
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13 :: Comments

SW7_PC2

Post 3/14/2013, 10:16 pm by SW7_PC2

So you are saying Greg could be PP and the Bae was just a Lost Boy and knew of Greg? Maybe Wendy is the Mysterious caller that is calling his phone...Plausable...he has to be SOMEONE! You don't just end up there for no reason, it all has a plan!

Back to top Go down

AnastasiaT

Post 3/13/2013, 6:36 pm by AnastasiaT

Coming back to Greg, I was thinking one thing. Curious what you'd think about it...

So, the authors said in a recent interview that Peter Pan will be introduced and that he will be much younger in Neverland than Bae at the time of his falling through the portal...

According to casting and episode 17 spoiler pics, there was a little boy with his dad strangely coming to SB in the 1st week of the curse...

WHAT IF... in some yet incomprehensible way the boy was sent by Regina through the only portal remaining to her in this new nonmagical town of SB (she did have Daniel's rign what had magic and there was the hat so... I wouldn't exclude some other magical artefact in the first week of the curse)? What if he ended up in Neverland, spent some time there, knew Bae and, together with him or separately, got away to end up in our world where he starting to grow older to become Greg?

That could explain his confident drive to SB. The little boy was with his father. Could be looking for him or trying to learn what happened to him. Could be tracing his childhood memories.

Is it utter nonsense or a plausible turn of plot?

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 1/19/2013, 2:11 pm by SW7_PC2

CarolSmart wrote:
I was thinking that since the 'crossing the line' thing is a sort of side effect of the original curse, maybe a "true love kiss" from Rumple will bring back Belle's memory by breaking that "effect" of the curse?

That would be AMAZING if it could happen. I am sure it will more than likely push Rumple to come up with a potion or something to break it!

Back to top Go down

CarolSmart

Post 1/19/2013, 11:00 am by CarolSmart

AnastasiaT wrote:As much as I like Regina now, I guess they will "kill" her in the final battle against Cora. Or make her sacrifice herself in some way (they need to solve the 2-mom situation in a way and she needs to redeem herself really well to be forgiven by all).

As of the last episode developments, it could be a nice turn if, say, Rumple needed a true love kiss at some point to be saved from some mortal danger and Belle finally came to remember him while or shortly before kissing him.
I was thinking that since the 'crossing the line' thing is a sort of side effect of the original curse, maybe a "true love kiss" from Rumple will bring back Belle's memory by breaking that "effect" of the curse?

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 1/15/2013, 12:05 am by SW7_PC2

I agree it is a possibility, although I do not like it, that they may have to kill Regina or Emma off. I can not say which because BOTH are vital to the show. And since they have hinted at going back to SB (maybe) then it may not be a problem, like maybe Regina will stay in FTL and Emma will stay in SB...IDK they really could go ANYWHERE from here!

I do think they will show more of the Phillip/Auora/Mulan story, I am pretty sure that is what that flashback this week was about, that and showing us Belle has more strength then she knows! LOL!

Back to top Go down

AnastasiaT

Post 1/14/2013, 2:36 pm by AnastasiaT

As much as I like Regina now, I guess they will "kill" her in the final battle against Cora. Or make her sacrifice herself in some way (they need to solve the 2-mom situation in a way and she needs to redeem herself really well to be forgiven by all).

As of the last episode developments, it could be a nice turn if, say, Rumple needed a true love kiss at some point to be saved from some mortal danger and Belle finally came to remember him while or shortly before kissing him.

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 1/14/2013, 1:20 pm by hermione982175

I thought it was a good episode. I am also upset about what happen to Belle but hopefully her memories will be back sooner then later. I kind of wish they show more of Mulan's backstory in this episode, I know they kind of did but I would like to see more of her story. I thought it was interesting of how the creature what Prince Phillips as well and I am wondering if we will see some more of the journey of Prince Phillips and Mulan of going to rescue Aurora. I am also glad they did have Belle find and rescue Archie as well since I was wondering how long are they going keep Archie on Hook's boat. So it was a good episode like I say before. But next week episode from what it look like it may be a good one and we finally get to see whether or not if there going to be a showdown between Regina and Cora! I think and hopefully that Regina will see what her mother did to her and use magic against Cora and hopefully Regina will win against Cora!

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 1/14/2013, 10:39 am by SW7_PC2

I too was both satisfied and not! LOL! I was so happy to see Belle and Rumple final TRIUMPH over something together, although, I too saw SOMETHING coming when Rump left him alive and then they kept pointing the camera downwards at the orange line...Oh well. I am sure after an episode or 2 she will get her memory back, she better!

I didn't care for the flashback either, but I think it was to point out that BELLE had more strength then she thought and it shows how she got caught afterwards. I did like how she added before getting caught that she was "Coming back for Rumple"

I am just at this point, upset that Belle doesn't let Rumple "Handle" some things HIS way! It doesn't make him a BAD man for wanting to KILL the person that is trying to KILL him or better yet, HER! She should have trusted her man and then she would have never of been shot OR forgot her memories! So who was she when she was here anyways, just a Jane Doe locked up in the hospital...

Now, seeing next weeks preview, I wonder if Ethan Embry, "The Outsider" is Whales brother...but I still think he could be Bae. I have a feeling, as I am sure you all do, that this is another AUGUST story line allllll over again! So we should find out in Epi 22 who he is! LOL!

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 1/14/2013, 8:40 am by wileycatpp

SPOILER ALERT....IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN EP DON'T READ

I both liked and disliked this episode.....
So glad Rump beat down Hook...well deserved
I'm glad they didnt drag out the whole Archie is dead thing because that would have annoyed me to no end.

Was not thrilled with the FT flashback it seemed i don't know not up to par with what we've seen in the past.
AT least now Prince Philip is back and hopefully we will see his and Auroras back story soon.

Was very upset that Belle lost her memory but i gotta say saw it coming a mile away when gun was left with hook. However, I know the dwarves were trying to find a way to get sneezes memory back if they and BF cant find a way I'm confident Rump will. So I'm not to worried. Just hope it doesn't take forever.

Back to top Go down

Bluphoenix444

Post 1/12/2013, 10:59 pm by Bluphoenix444

SW7_PC2 wrote:
Blu wrote:Yeah! Thing is Belle might be hurt in the process..

THIS PART OF MY COMMENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED ALL 4 PROMOS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I sure hope not! Do you think they have the ability to travel back and forth? Because we see Mulan and Belle together in FTL or do you think that is a flashback to pre-curse...

If they hurt y Belle, I am on a WAR path with Rupelstiltskin LOL
Oh please please don't hurt my Rumpel's Belle....
I will cry a river.

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 1/12/2013, 10:02 pm by SW7_PC2

Blu wrote:Yeah! Thing is Belle might be hurt in the process..

THIS PART OF MY COMMENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED ALL 4 PROMOS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I sure hope not! Do you think they have the ability to travel back and forth? Because we see Mulan and Belle together in FTL or do you think that is a flashback to pre-curse...

Back to top Go down

Bluphoenix444

Post 1/12/2013, 8:25 pm by Bluphoenix444

Yeah! Thing is Belle might be hurt in the process..

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 1/12/2013, 12:46 pm by SW7_PC2

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS EPISODE! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I really hope, although Hook is sexy as hell, that Hook does get the beat down from Rumple. I would hate to see them SHOCK us and kill-off Mr.Gold/Rumple in THIS timeline (I am sure he would still be in flashbacks) But I doubt they would do that, unless they LIKE 1 BILLION #Oncer fans sending them hate mail! LMAO! ;-)

Hey, who do you all think Ethan Embry is going to play? Sometimes I think they will, again throw us for a loop (they have to sometime right) and Ethan will Be Baelfire and Neil will just be Henry's dad. IDK I go back and forth on that, only because of what Bae's age should be based on that timeline we made up a while back, thinking he has to be between 35-45, even though Embry IS @ 35, he doesn't look it! (Well, Emma doesn't look 28 either...but anyways, lol)

He shows up in this episode : "The Outsider" so duh, he is an outsider, but he had to be DRAWN there for a reason. We have seen in spoilers that Rump figures out how to leave SB, so wouldn't it be fitting that Rump leaves to find Bae "Ethan" and then Bae "Ethan" shows up in SB, they JUST miss each other...IDK just a thought! LOL!

Back to top Go down

genajamm

Post 1/7/2013, 10:32 am by genajamm

Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13  Mr-Gold-Captain-Hook-once-upon-a-time-32938998-245-245FINALLY GOING TO SEE HOOK GET A SLAP DOWN Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13  2320537771Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13  2320537771Season 2| Episode 11 "The Outsider"| Aired 1/13/13  2320537771

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 1/7/2013, 8:19 am by wileycatpp

Finally it looks like we are going to see Hook get a much deserved beat down by Rump laughing evil ROTFL
I cannot wait for this episode to air.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down