Once Upon a Time, Chat Time!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fairy Tale Time

Pc trapped in the firey room

Go down

Pc trapped in the firey room Empty Pc trapped in the firey room

So is there a way to get out of that room once your in it? If not what's going to happen to David? I have a feeling he's going to have burns all over his body when snow finally wakes him up. Maybe the damage will be so serve he slips back into a coma again? What do you all think will happen??!

Last edited by BeautyIsSleepingIn on 11/26/2012, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Pc trapped in the firey room :: Comments

genajamm

Post 11/29/2012, 7:49 pm by genajamm

Blu wrote:Charming got in the firery room, he will find a way to get out.

And yes what about that supposedly powerful Ruel Ghorm? She is shinnig by her very absence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] WELL SAID,,, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Bluphoenix444

Post 11/29/2012, 5:59 pm by Bluphoenix444

Charming got in the firery room, he will find a way to get out.

And yes what about that supposedly powerful Ruel Ghorm? She is shinnig by her very absence.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 11/28/2012, 12:24 pm by Guest

CarolSmart wrote:I don't know if Charming would wake up with burns or any other harm, because isn't he just under the same sleeping curse that Snow and Henry and Sleeping Beauty were under?
And they didn't wake up with any problems the first time they were in the sleeping curse 'place'....

thats true. and they were all in the same room during their curses. so he'll probably end up being fine.

Back to top Go down

playarita

Post 11/27/2012, 4:38 pm by playarita

The only thing that comes to mind with PC's safety is the fact that the keeper of that world will be very cross because he is basically breaking the rules.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - There a lot of different cultures that have a netherworld/underworld myth. It could be that the rooms are a form of purgatory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory) although are there other myths that discuss this "limbo" or holding cell?

From what I know about the show, it has drawn upon European fairy tales and stories (Grimm, Celtic mythology) as well Greek mythology. Not sure about Chinese mythology since it seems that they are using Disney's version of Mulan (unless they are actually using both the historical account and Disney's verion? Though has anyone been able to confirm what source are they using for Mulan?)

If it is based on Greek mythology then are we going to see Hades (or a servant of Hades) come into the picture? Furthermore, is it going to be based on the historical account of Hades (thus possibly also seeing Persephone) or the version from the Disney movie Hercules?

I was reading into Celtic Mythology and an idea came to my head. I am thinking that maybe those who are put under a sleeping curse are placed in a "holding cell" if you will in Mag Mell (based on Irish mythology) or Annwn (based on Welsh mythology).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mag Mell was " paradise, identified as either an island far to the west of Ireland or a kingdom beneath the ocean" and is a "mythical realm achievable through death and/or glory"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] From Wiki: it was essentially a world of delights and eternal youth where disease is absent and food is ever-abundant. It later became Christianised and identified with the land of souls that had departed this world. In modern Breton, "Anaon" is synonymous with paradise rather than hell and the phrase "mont da Anaon", literally "to go to Anaon", is a euphemism for "to die". Name and etymology: Middle Welsh sources suggest that the term was recognised as meaning "very deep" in medieval times. The appearance of a form antumnos on an ancient Gaulish curse tablet, however, suggests that the original term may have been *ande-dubnos, a common Gallo-Brittonic word that literally meant "underworld." {Note the meaning of Annwn, so possibly "into the deep" refers to this place?}

What I am hypothesizing is that the sleeping curse, in the fairy tale stories we know, happen to the heroes. I assume that these heroes would be destined for Mag Mell or Annwn achieved through glory and death. In FTL, Mag Mell or Annwn may be similar to Valhalla or it can simply exist for the "good" characters of FTL. (Although alternatively while the holding cell is located in Mag Mell or Annwn, people like Cora and Regina may not be granted passage to Mag Mell or Annwn at all instead may have their soul erased completely to give no chance of redemption or reincarnation...basically a worse then even hell)

The reason why these heroes are confined to these rooms, a variable holding cell, is because they are not yet destined for Mag Mell or Annwn and thus cannot enter the realm even if they will go there one day. However they still were forced from the land of the waking and living and have to go somewhere.

As for what each room means...the mirror room for when a FTL character is under the sleeping curse is to keep the focus on their loved ones, and how much they miss them. It is this that keeps them fully alive rather than drifting off possibly into Mag Mell or Annwn. The after affect of the curse could be a method of making the cursed one remember the horror they faced (rather than repressing them) and having a physical manifestation of the hate of the one who cast the curse. It seems to be also a rather forceful way of making the cursed person deal with it head on so that they can move on, (and defeat the villain).

What I would think would be interesting about the sleeping curse was that while it was being created, the king (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arawn) of Annwn or ruler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tethra) of Mag Mell, the Fomorian King of Tethra realized what the sleeping curse intended to do and set up fail safes to keep the cursed safe (because they were the hero, they needed to remember their loved ones, needed to deal with the curse head on rather than repress it, and defeat the villain).

I think there has to be a reason why the nightmares exist because dreams and nightmares are there to help guide the dreamer even with things they might not want to address.

Last edited by playarita on 11/27/2012, 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding some more information)

Back to top Go down

CarolSmart

Post 11/27/2012, 2:57 pm by CarolSmart

I don't know if Charming would wake up with burns or any other harm, because isn't he just under the same sleeping curse that Snow and Henry and Sleeping Beauty were under?
And they didn't wake up with any problems the first time they were in the sleeping curse 'place'....

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 11/26/2012, 9:32 pm by hermione982175

Well, I think that was the life threatening thing, he couldn't wake up and he have to wait until Snow wake him up.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 11/26/2012, 9:20 pm by Guest

I hope he ends up being okay. I know the creators hinted at something life threatening happening to him, so unless they were talking about that episode, that info makes me nervous haha.

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 11/26/2012, 8:58 pm by hermione982175

Same here. Charming is going to be okay and he know that Snow is going to wake him up when she get back. Also remember we saw pictures of the charming reunion earlier so it look like he look fine after he woke up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

TheSaviorsSwan

Post 11/26/2012, 8:45 pm by TheSaviorsSwan

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Well I think that Charming is going to be alright.

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 11/26/2012, 8:36 pm by hermione982175

Actually that necklace is broken. When he was hold the necklace when trying to find the room, it burn his hands so it was on the floor when he started to break into the room where Snow is and when he got up, he saw that the necklace is broken.

Back to top Go down

TheSaviorsSwan

Post 11/26/2012, 8:31 pm by TheSaviorsSwan

Yeha plus Charming has the necklace that Henry gave him, so he should be okay for now. Let's just hope Snow comes to save her beloved Charming soon.

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 11/26/2012, 8:20 pm by hermione982175

Yeah, I agree. He won't be burn badly and plus the pictures we saw earlier for either episode 9 or 10. He look alright unless he have burns on his arms.

Back to top Go down

TheSaviorsSwan

Post 11/26/2012, 8:04 pm by TheSaviorsSwan

I think that he will have some burns but not all over his body, Snow will save him and he will be fine, nothing a little fairy dust can't fix

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down