Once Upon a Time, Chat Time!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fairy Tale Time

Captain Hook and Jack and the Beanstalk

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Captain Hook and Jack and the Beanstalk  Empty Captain Hook and Jack and the Beanstalk

Any ideas on how Captain Hook is going to fit into the OUAT scheme? At first I thought that Captain Hook could be Dr. Whale and that his hand was cut off by a whale and not a crocodile, but then I remembered that Dr. Whale has both hands so that rules him out. From the promo, though, it is clear that Hook is another nemesis of Rumple's. Could Regina be involved in his reappearance?

Regarding Jack and the Beanstalk, I guess will learn what happened to the other magic beans. Or alternatively, I foresee Rumple making a deal with Jack to trade his cow for the magic beans and requesting Jack to obtain and bring back the harp and/or the goose of the golden eggs in exchange for the beans. Here how the storyline might go:

Rumple had spent sometime searching for magic beans in order to get back to Bea while he thinks of a way to create the curse. Eventually, Rumple does manage finds some magic beans, but those magic beans are different from the one the Blue Fairy gave Bae. While testing out some of the magic beans, Rumple finds himself in the Giant's castle and sees the harp and the goose of the golden eggs. Rumple returns to the enchanted forrest and realizes that those beans will not lead him to Bea. Rumple nonetheless keeps the rest of the magic beans for another occasion. Meanwhile, Aurora's father has confiscated all spinning wheels in the realm upon hearing Malificent's prophecy for Aurora. The King, Aurora's father, was able to confiscate all the spinning wheels in the realm except one - Rumple's. Malificent makes a deal with Rumple to let her borrow his spinning wheel to fulfill her prophecy against Aurora. However, while Malificent has his spinning wheel, Rumple cannot spin gold. Remembering that there is a goose that lays golden eggs in the Giant's castle, he finds an opportunity to make a deal with Jack. Taking advantage of the fact that Jack and his family are in financial trouble, Rumple trades the beans for Jack's cow. In reality, Rumple couldn't care less about the cow, but he tells Jack that the beans will bring him more riches than a cow can. Rumple further tells Jack that he can keep all the riches in the Giant's castle, but he must bring the harp and the goose to him. It remains unclear why Rumple wants the harp -- perhaps for the same reason he wanted the puppets (we do not know). Jack goes up the beanstalk, kills the giant, retrieves the harp and golden eggs, and brings them back to Rumple. Jack keeps all the other riches and his family's financial problems are resolved thanks to Rumple. We're are left wondering why Rumple wanted the Harp.

Those are just some of my ideas regarding the new characters and their backgrounds.
hada.madrina
hada.madrina

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Captain Hook and Jack and the Beanstalk :: Comments

genajamm

Post 8/14/2012, 6:31 pm by genajamm

CarolSmart wrote: :pirat:
I read an article where the actor is described as an Irish thespian...

I wonder if that means we'll have a yummy new 'accent' to add to Rump's?

Oh Yes bring on the accents!!! Very Yummy bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

CarolSmart

Post 8/14/2012, 5:51 pm by CarolSmart

:pirat:
I read an article where the actor is described as an Irish thespian...

I wonder if that means we'll have a yummy new 'accent' to add to Rump's?

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 8/14/2012, 12:26 am by hermione982175

@BeautyIsSleepingIn That is a good thought about Captain Hook not being able to age in Neverland. So he could look young as well.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 8/3/2012, 11:35 pm by Guest

now that we know who he is and weighing the possibility that he might not have make up on to make him look older i can see him being henrys father... but he could also not age in Neverland just like peter and the lost boys...

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 8/3/2012, 7:46 pm by hermione982175

@CarolSmart Yes that is the Peter Pan I saw and the movie is good. I also thought they would of cast someone older to play Captain Hook but hopefully this guy can play the part well.

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 8/3/2012, 7:34 pm by wileycatpp

just looked up the movie it came out in 2003 i wonder if its on netflix

Back to top Go down

CarolSmart

Post 8/3/2012, 7:29 pm by CarolSmart

hermione982175 wrote:@CarolSmart you talking about the New Peter Pan (live version) that came out couple of years ago? If so then I seen the movie and he was a very good Captain Hook!

It might be....

..........and HEY Wiley - FYI -

It is just called "Peter Pan", Jason Isaacs is the only 'name' actor recognizable...I think the movie came out in 2003...

...Jason plays both Hook and Wendy's father, which is a tradition going right back to the very first time the play was produced, just after James Barrie wrote it...

The only and I do mean "only" down spot in the movie is the kid who played Peter Pan - Jeremy Sumpter (for some reason they cast an American!). He's just not a great actor...the girl who plays Wendy is good though, her name is 'Rachel' ...ugh...can't remember last name...

Anyway, there really aren't that many "Peter Pan" movies 'out there', so just look for one with those two actors and that will be it Wink

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 8/3/2012, 7:17 pm by hermione982175

@CarolSmart you talking about the New Peter Pan (live version) that came out couple of years ago? If so then I seen the movie and he was a very good Captain Hook!

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 8/3/2012, 7:15 pm by wileycatpp

CarolSmart wrote:

Sure cute, but Hook should be the sexy 'older man' type Wink

If you all haven't seen the live action Peter Pan movie, you have missed out on the yummiest Captain Hook imaginable...played by Jason Isaacs, OMG - fantasy heaven! :pirat:

underlined quote i couldnt agree more

jason issacs played hook area you kidding me OMG what is the name of this movie because i have to see it. is it just peter pan?

Back to top Go down

genajamm

Post 8/3/2012, 6:42 pm by genajamm

Re the age thing maybe in costume he will be made to look older??? Or at least appear to be older,, could be. :?: :?:

Back to top Go down

CarolSmart

Post 8/3/2012, 5:36 pm by CarolSmart

wileycatpp wrote:OUAT_Chat @OUAT_Chat
It's been confirmed that Colin O'Donoghue has been cast as Captain Hook for #OnceUponATime !!

what a cutie

Sure cute, but Hook should be the sexy 'older man' type Wink

If you all haven't seen the live action Peter Pan movie, you have missed out on the yummiest Captain Hook imaginable...played by Jason Isaacs, OMG - fantasy heaven! :pirat:

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 8/3/2012, 3:40 pm by hermione982175

Interesting...hmmm I wonder why that cast a younger person to play Captain Hook? I really thought he was going to be older since I seen couple of different Peter Pan movies. Do anybody think that Captain Hook could be the father to Henry now we know who playing him?

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 8/3/2012, 3:26 pm by wileycatpp

Colin O'donoghue nabs Capt Hook Role

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 8/3/2012, 3:08 pm by SW7_PC2

BeautyIsSleepingIn wrote:or unless he doesnt age in neverland too

GOOD POINT! :-)

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 8/3/2012, 2:50 pm by Guest

or unless he doesnt age in neverland too

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 8/3/2012, 2:43 pm by wileycatpp

BeautyIsSleepingIn wrote:yeah i agree he is young. maybe he's young because right now they re doing before he became hook maybe? or before peter pan came into the story

Ooooo thats good didnt think of that :D

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 8/3/2012, 2:42 pm by Guest

yeah i agree he is young. maybe he's young because right now they re doing before he became hook maybe? or before peter pan came into the story

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 8/3/2012, 2:37 pm by wileycatpp

yes he is but way younger then i thought he should be Suspect

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 8/3/2012, 2:36 pm by Guest

he is yummy! :lol!: :lol!:

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 8/3/2012, 2:10 pm by wileycatpp

OUAT_Chat @OUAT_Chat
It's been confirmed that Colin O'Donoghue has been cast as Captain Hook for #OnceUponATime !!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

what a cutie

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 8/1/2012, 10:33 am by Guest

wileycatpp wrote:
SW7_PC2 wrote:I think it was probably a stand in, because yes they hadn't started filming yet so...

I am hunting down those pics of ALL the clocks in henry's room. It could have to do with the clock tower not working, but it could be because of a link to hook!

you know I never paid attention to the clocks i Henrys room...lol I was alwaays to busy trying to figure out something else to notice lol I wonder what the signif is...ugh its to early in the morning for my brain to function. :sleep:
hahha i hear ya wiley! i never noticed them either.

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 8/1/2012, 5:25 am by wileycatpp

SW7_PC2 wrote:I think it was probably a stand in, because yes they hadn't started filming yet so...

I am hunting down those pics of ALL the clocks in henry's room. It could have to do with the clock tower not working, but it could be because of a link to hook!

you know I never paid attention to the clocks i Henrys room...lol I was alwaays to busy trying to figure out something else to notice lol I wonder what the signif is...ugh its to early in the morning for my brain to function. :sleep:

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 7/31/2012, 7:58 pm by Guest

thats a very good idea! that never occurred to me as to why the clock might not have ticked

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 7/31/2012, 7:38 pm by SW7_PC2

I think it was probably a stand in, because yes they hadn't started filming yet so...

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 7/31/2012, 6:16 pm by wileycatpp

hermione982175 wrote:I also want whoever playing Captain Hook does the role very well because I seen Disney's Peter Pan and a movie call Hook so I am hoping whoever play the role will do the part well. Also I can't wait to see if they have Captain Hook fear of clocks play a part as well and who know the crocodile might come as well. lol

Yes hook is a good villan and i love that whole fear of clocks thing i hope thats incorporated in his character.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next