Fairy Tale Time

STORYBROOKE/STEVESTON INFORMATION

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STORYBROOKE/STEVESTON INFORMATION

Planning a trip to 'Storybrooke', HERES THE 411

OUAT STORYBROOKE IS FILMED IN STEVENSTON, BC CANADA

Filming in the Steveston (Storybrooke) village IS DONE MON THRU WED ONLY.
They usually try to film the Storybrooke town scenes every two to three weeks.
Monday is usually the 'setup' and the actual filming takes place on Tuesday &/or Wednesday! Tuesday is probably your best bet if you want to catch actual filming. Be prepared for crowds. According to the locals the actors are very friendly and will come out and talk with the viewers/fans...especially Robert Carlyle...

Local businesses usually know if filming is going on the following week so a call to one of these merchants might prove very useful.

Most scenes filmed in Stevenson are outdoor scenes. Steveston filming is basically anything you see on 'Storybrooke' Main Street
There are a couple of places where they actually shoot inside the establishment but for the most part all of the indoor scenes are shot elsewhere.

Gary Point Park is where they shot the 'Henry's Castle Playground' scenes, the park is in walking distance from the main center of town.
The forest scenes, the mayors mansion, and some of the other scenes are also filmed elsewhere and not in Steveston, but not always the inside portion of the scene! The 'mayor's mansion' is located in Vancouver and the 'jail' is located in Fort Langley!

Here’s a list of sites/places to go to help you navigate Stevenson “storybrooke”

Stevenson Visitors Center! The Visitors Center/Museum also doubles as the Storybrooke Post Office!
The don’t do tours but they have plenty of Ouat info.

The Steveston Hotel...which is attached to The Buck and Ear which just HAPPENS to be the place where they filmed 'The Rabbit Hole' scenes (remember the Valentines Day episode...where the girls go out to a bar!!!). It is a stone's throw away from Gary Point Park! You can actually see the sign for Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop from some of the window's!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For more info on 'Storybrooke' go to:

From this site you can get to their magazine issues. The May 2012 issue did a write up on the show Once Upon a Time!

SOURCE: chatouat

Last edited by wileycatpp on 9/14/2012, 8:43 am; edited 4 times in total

All Magic Comes with a price Dearie  
"It was a brief flicker of light amidst an ocean of darkness"
wileycatpp
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

STORYBROOKE/STEVESTON INFORMATION :: Comments

Post on 9/16/2012, 7:36 pm by Guest

okay thanks guys! was just curious because my mom also wants to go somewhere for a week during my spring vacay and wanted to make sure i wont be asking for to much time off at the same time lol. but i should be fine if we are going around the beginning of august right? and are we splitting the cost of the hotel?

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/16/2012, 3:16 pm by wileycatpp

SW7_PC2 wrote:So leave on a Monday of Early Tues and return the following late Wed or Thurs....

YES!!!

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/16/2012, 2:45 pm by SW7_PC2

So leave on a Monday of Early Tues and return the following late Wed or Thurs....

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/16/2012, 2:43 pm by wileycatpp

SW7_PC2 wrote:
BeautyIsSleepingIn wrote:do we have a guestimate for how long we'll be in steveston?

I think Wiley and I were talking about maybe leaving on a Mon or Tue and Staying until the following Mon or Tues, that way we can be there for some filming and have time for other things when they are not filming...Wiley, correct me if I am wrong, lol!

staying til the following wed this way we have two tue/weds there taht we could possible see them filming so like 10 days i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/16/2012, 2:33 pm by SW7_PC2

BeautyIsSleepingIn wrote:do we have a guestimate for how long we'll be in steveston?

I think Wiley and I were talking about maybe leaving on a Mon or Tue and Staying until the following Mon or Tues, that way we can be there for some filming and have time for other things when they are not filming...Wiley, correct me if I am wrong, lol!

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/16/2012, 12:38 pm by Guest

do we have a guestimate for how long we'll be in steveston?

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/2/2012, 12:26 am by Guest

this reminds me that i need to get a passport so i can enter canada, otherwise you guy's will have to sneak me in LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post on 8/27/2012, 11:05 pm by Guest

LOVE IT WILEY! MUCH MUCH BETTER LOL

Back to top Go down

Post on 8/27/2012, 9:20 pm by Guest

LOL YOU HAVE NO IDEA...MUAHAHAHAHA

Back to top Go down

Post on 8/27/2012, 9:16 pm by hermione982175

I can't wait for this trip it going to be soooo much fun!!!!! :)

Back to top Go down

Post on 8/27/2012, 8:56 pm by Guest

I TRY LOL JK

Back to top Go down

Post on 8/27/2012, 8:54 pm by wileycatpp

Holla cheers Beauty you rock girl

Back to top Go down

Post on 8/27/2012, 8:52 pm by Guest

WOOOO!!!! IM SO GLAD I STUMBLED UPON THIS, IT'LL HELP US BIG TIME FOR OUR TRIP NEXT YEAR! I AM SO READY RO RUMPLE!!!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum