Fairy Tale Time

The Curse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

20120806

Post 

The Curse




Something always bothered me about the curse. Why didn't Rump make the curse so that when Emma broke the curse when she was 28 that is when Bae came thru the portal. This way no time at all would have past for Bae and he would be able to see his son grow into a man. Why create the curse to find your son if his all grownup by then and probably wants nothing to do with you.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All Magic Comes with a price Dearie  
"It was a brief flicker of light amidst an ocean of darkness"
avatar
wileycatpp
Head Admin
Head Admin

Posts : 1997
Join date : 2012-06-05
Location : Third rock from the sun

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Curse :: Comments

avatar

Post on 11/10/2012, 3:43 pm by CarolSmart

wileycatpp wrote:Rump would have had to been able to make the curse take them to at least the same time period as bae going thru the portal otherwise what would be the point of making the curse at all if it was going to bring them all to our world but bae was already dead. thats why i think that point in time when everyone came into our wolrd is the only point and time any can. Because lets face it a lot of time effort and planning went into making that curse. I don't think Rump left anything to chance if he could help it. Just imagine if he used his power for good instead of his own design. jmo :lol:
Okay, I agree with you that Rump could make the curse 'align' with the timing of Bae arriving in our world, but he knew that there would be a certain amount of time that Bae would be aging while in SB time was not moving at all. So, he would have expected to be looking for a grown-up Bae...

I also think that with some things there isn't any point 'over-thinking it because really it all comes down to the writers and they are only human so there are going to be some things in the 'make-up' of the show that they just didn't realize would need to be addressed plot-wise...

This also follows along with my firm belief Very Happy that when the writers said that Gold didn't remember ftl until hearing Emma's name, they were in an interview and had not really thought about how that would 'play' as far as things like Gold being able to get Henry for the queen - and the whole 'please' thing in the dungeon, his reaction when the EQ said, "Why not? It's not as if you'll remember any of this." AND of course, the fact that with all the 'details' Rump put into that curse, he certainly had the power to make it that 'he' would keep his memories of ftl.

Then there's the way Robert Carlisle 'played' the scene with Emma, because if the character was just suddenly 'hit' with all his memories, an actor as GOOD as Robert would have been able to show (the audience) what was going on in his mind while also showing that his character was holding back from showing any reaction to the sudden memories. The mark of a great actor is his ability to convey (to the audience) the character's thoughts using no more than the look in his eyes...

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 11/8/2012, 7:15 pm by AnastasiaT

So who else could have written a second curse and for what purpose? Did Rumple really write the curse or did he obtain the curse from someone else? Or did someone tamper with that curse?

BRAVISSIMA Playarita! I guess you have just spot it right: I remember clearly in some early episodes of the series that he said he had RECEIVED the curse! And I also suspect the BF here... And you all will remember how the BF actually suggested a curse to Rampel as a way to get to the other world. Like she wanted him to arrive at the idea. WHY? So what we have further is Rampel spotting, nurturing and finally, thanks to Jeff and Frankenstein, creating his monster and, who knows how putting her to the idea of the curse he actually needed for himself. Too many layers!

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 11/8/2012, 1:37 pm by playarita

There is something else I was wondering. When the curse broke did Rumple seem generally surprised that there seemed to be a second layer to the curse? He wrote the curse did he not? Then why the surprise.

Who else had access to the curse? I know Maleficent had the curse at one point but I assume that like Regina their power is in doing some magic, enacting curses but not actually write them.

So who else could have written a second curse and for what purpose? Did Rumple really write the curse or did he obtain the curse from someone else? Or did someone tamper with that curse? I have been going back to the blue fairy. She seems on par with Rumple in power and I wonder if the second part of the curse was her fail-safe if his curse got broken with true love's kiss as a way of urging people to not leave SB and to also keep Rumple (and other less savory characters) contained in SB.

I cannot imagine that Rumple would place the second part of the curse which would restrict him from looking for Bae and it was unknowing does that mean we have Dark One!Rumple and Pre Dark One!Rumple working at odds with each other as two different alters? But only Dark One!Rumple has the ability to write the curses...

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/9/2012, 3:43 pm by hermione982175

@Wileycatpp that would be true. Rumple would of want to be going to our world the same time when Bae went.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/9/2012, 7:47 am by wileycatpp

Rump would have had to been able to make the curse take them to at least the same time period as bae going thru the portal otherwise what would be the point of making the curse at all if it was going to bring them all to our world but bae was already dead. thats why i think that point in time when everyone came into our wolrd is the only point and time any can. Because lets face it a lot of time effort and planning went into making that curse. I don't think Rump left anything to chance if he could help it. Just imagine if he used his power for good instead of his own design. jmo :lol:

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/8/2012, 11:42 pm by Guest

CarolSmart wrote:
wileycatpp wrote:Something always bothered me about the curse. Why didn't Rump make the curse so that when Emma broke the curse when she was 28 that is when Bae came thru the portal. This way no time at all would have past for Bae and he would be able to see his son grow into a man. Why create the curse to find your son if his all grownup by then and probably wants nothing to do with you.

I don't think Rump had any choice about when the curse would 'place' them in this world...
That whole "28" year thing wasn't something Rump 'did', it was a prophecy he was able to 'predict' would happen as long as Snow and Charming got Emma to safety.

I don't think Rump would have been able to make the curse specifically 'follow' Bae, because it wasn't 'his' power that brought Bae to our world...

So his curse could be 'programmed' to go to "a world without magic", but he couldn't make it 'align' to whatever timeline the bean 'portal' opened up to....
AGREE!

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/8/2012, 9:28 pm by CarolSmart

wileycatpp wrote:Something always bothered me about the curse. Why didn't Rump make the curse so that when Emma broke the curse when she was 28 that is when Bae came thru the portal. This way no time at all would have past for Bae and he would be able to see his son grow into a man. Why create the curse to find your son if his all grownup by then and probably wants nothing to do with you.

I don't think Rump had any choice about when the curse would 'place' them in this world...
That whole "28" year thing wasn't something Rump 'did', it was a prophecy he was able to 'predict' would happen as long as Snow and Charming got Emma to safety.

I don't think Rump would have been able to make the curse specifically 'follow' Bae, because it wasn't 'his' power that brought Bae to our world...

So his curse could be 'programmed' to go to "a world without magic", but he couldn't make it 'align' to whatever timeline the bean 'portal' opened up to....

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/8/2012, 8:10 pm by hermione982175

I am still wondering why would Rumple want to face his son who is most likely would be adult in our world instead of facing his son when he was younger?

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/8/2012, 12:05 am by hermione982175

@Wileycatpp that is true and I agree with you.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/7/2012, 11:12 pm by Guest

wileycatpp wrote:I dont know I was thinking maybe the reason the curse happened when it did is beacuse it couldn't happen any other time. Maybe thats just the point in time and space that you wind up if you travel from FTL to our world. lol

All I know is if it was me and I was going to curse the entire fairy tale world to get my som back I would try and make sure i got him back around the same age and not 28 yrs later in his timeline. lol

It makes no sense to me unless of course he had no choice in the matter and that was when they had to come thru. In which case it sucks but at least he wil still be able to see him again. JMO

very true!

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/7/2012, 7:11 pm by genajamm

All very good points which is probably why rump always says magic comes with a price, he loves his son and misses him,,, the magic cost him quite a bit :x :x
And the blue fairy is on his S list because she created it,,,,,,
We can probably all agree BLUE FAIRY IS GOING DOWN!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/7/2012, 3:57 pm by wileycatpp

I dont know I was thinking maybe the reason the curse happened when it did is beacuse it couldn't happen any other time. Maybe thats just the point in time and space that you wind up if you travel from FTL to our world. lol

All I know is if it was me and I was going to curse the entire fairy tale world to get my som back I would try and make sure i got him back around the same age and not 28 yrs later in his timeline. lol

It makes no sense to me unless of course he had no choice in the matter and that was when they had to come thru. In which case it sucks but at least he wil still be able to see him again. JMO

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/7/2012, 3:42 pm by hermione982175

I was pondering for this for a bit. You would of think Rumple would of put a loop hole in the curse for Bae in other words maybe he knew what year in our world that Bae would of be an grown up and when the curse broke he knew he will be able to find Bae as an adult?????

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/7/2012, 1:53 pm by Guest

if he made it that way then where would bae have been for the hundreds of years while rump was creating the curse? stuck in darkness somewhere? lol. i dont think he could control the outcome of that

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on 8/6/2012, 5:09 pm by hermione982175

That interesting theory, now you got me wondering about that as well. Hmmm, I can see your point in why Rumple should of include something about Bae and when Emma came back and broke the curse his son should of already be there waiting for him. Unless, Rumple wants to see his son as a grown man and apologize for what he did after refusing to go with Bae to the our world.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum