56% 56% 
[ 5 ]
44% 44% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 9

Baelfire/Neal Cassidy

Memorable quote(s): "I want my father back"; "You're a coward"

Baelfire/Neal
Before Rumplestiltskin became the powerful sorcerer he is today, Baelfire was his only family and greatest treasure. When Baelfire was young, his mother abandoned him and Rumplestiltskin because of Rumplestlitskin's cowardice on the battlefield during an Ogre War . Baefire goes and finds the Reul Ghorm, which turns out to be the Blue Fairy. She gives him a magic bean to take him and his father to a "land without magic". Baelfire is last seen being sucked into the portal cursing his father a coward for not going with him.
Bae was sent to our world in england where he was taken in by the Darlings family(from the peter pan story). His stay with Wendy and company is short lived as he is taken by "Peter Pan" to Neverland. He meets Hook in Neverland and finds out the truth about what happened to his mother.
Bae eventually winds up back in our world.
As an adult going by the name of Neal Cassidy, he meets and falls in love with Emma but later leaves her when he runs into PIno/August, and August reveals Emmas destiny to him.
When Bae/Neal is reunited with Emma and Rump he finds out Henry is his son.

Bae Played By: Dylan Schmid
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Neal Cassidy Played by: Michael Raymond-James

Last edited by wileycatpp on 6/11/2013, 10:18 am; edited 4 times in total
wileycatpp
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Baelfire/Neal Cassidy :: Comments

Post on 6/11/2013, 9:08 am by wileycatpp

hermione982175 wrote:I see what you means and I totally forgot about those moments. Do you think Neverland could be protected by some magic that wouldn't let Rumple see Bae on the island since Neverland have it owns type of magic. I was also thinking do you think Rumple may have done that drawing of Henry years ago before the curse happen without realizing it was his grandson? I been thinking about that as well.

I guess that's possible. that will probably be their answer if the question is ever brought up. Because if you ask me that's a pretty big "oops we didn't think that one thru" detail, Because they didn't know they were getting the rights to peter pan. As far as Rump doing that pic I suppose it's possible. I gotta say I really wanna know how they got a pic of Henry hundreds of yrs before he was born unless my theory is true.

Back to top Go down

Post on 6/10/2013, 4:40 pm by hermione982175

I see what you means and I totally forgot about those moments. Do you think Neverland could be protected by some magic that wouldn't let Rumple see Bae on the island since Neverland have it owns type of magic. I was also thinking do you think Rumple may have done that drawing of Henry years ago before the curse happen without realizing it was his grandson? I been thinking about that as well.

Back to top Go down

Post on 6/5/2013, 7:50 am by wileycatpp

hermione982175 wrote:@wileycatpp I took some time to think of your theory as to why Rumple did not see Bae in Neverland and I also talk to my sister who also watch Once Upon a Time as well and I like her theory so I am going to share it with you.

My sister came up with this one theory that Rumple can see the future base in what realm he in. So for example in order for him to see Neverland, he need to be in Neverland. So Peter probably visit Rumple while Rumple was in Fairytale land. So that probably why he did not see Bae. But she also told me not to forget that his future power that he gotten from that one person only saw chopped up visions of the future so that probably why Rumple didn't see that Bae in New York as well while he was in Storybrooke but only saw that he in our world.

So that my sister theory.

Hey Herm thats and interesting theory. The only problem I have with it is that Rump told SW and charming that Emma would be the savior and come back on her 28th bday and break the curse. He was in ftl when he had that vision and that vision pertains to our world, therefore he has to be able to see visions from other lands. ALso the seer just before she gave rump her power saw that Henry would lead Rump to Bae and be his undoing. So if he could see those things he should have been able to see that Bae was stuck in Neverland forever. But then it wouldn't be much of a story lol.

Back to top Go down

Post on 6/4/2013, 10:05 pm by hermione982175

@wileycatpp I took some time to think of your theory as to why Rumple did not see Bae in Neverland and I also talk to my sister who also watch Once Upon a Time as well and I like her theory so I am going to share it with you.

My sister came up with this one theory that Rumple can see the future base in what realm he in. So for example in order for him to see Neverland, he need to be in Neverland. So Peter probably visit Rumple while Rumple was in Fairytale land. So that probably why he did not see Bae. But she also told me not to forget that his future power that he gotten from that one person only saw chopped up visions of the future so that probably why Rumple didn't see that Bae in New York as well while he was in Storybrooke but only saw that he in our world.

So that my sister theory.

Back to top Go down

Post on 5/28/2013, 2:08 pm by genajamm

Back to top Go down

Post on 5/27/2013, 11:41 pm by hermione982175

Hmmmm, that is interesting Wiley. Now I need to think about this one for a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post on 5/27/2013, 2:28 pm by wileycatpp

OK so i merged Bae/Neals bio since they are the same person. I was just reading some of the past post when we were speculating what happened to Bae. Some one came up with the he is peter pan theory. Which we now know he wasn't but he did indeed go to and apparently spent a few centuries in neverland after first coming to our world of course.

Which makes sense it explains the whole age thing with Rump being 300+ yrs and Neal is roughly only around the same age as Emma give or take a fw yrs.
ok so I'm guessing the reason it took so long for the curse to be able to be enacted was because he needed the right players involved mainly Regina Sw and Charming. Because he saw some sort of vision letting him know when that would be. I mean why else would you wait centurys to get your kid back and why would you even expect him to still be alive. Unless of course your vision tells you so.
But then I believe Gena posted in spoilers that there is a Rump/peter pan connection/history. So if Rump actually met Peter pan or went to neverland, why the hell would his vision not show him Bae being there. Bae was obviously there for a long time. So why is there a need for him to go thru the curse if he just could have went to neverland and rescued him there.
I'm just saying they go and say something like Rump and Peter have a history and yet his vision doesn't show his son being there. Instead he has to go thru this elaborate scheme to get a curse enacted that could or could not have possible been broken ,centuries later. How does that make any sense. IDK just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/25/2012, 1:14 pm by CarolSmart

wileycatpp wrote:What happened to Bae when he got sucked into the portal and come out in our world? Did he like pino and Emma wind up in foster care? How old is he now? Where is he and what has he been doing all this yrs? Does he hate his father? Do you think he will forgive him? Once he does show up, do you think the EQ will be able to trick/use/convince him to go against rump?
I think he is Henrys biological father. If he turns out to be Henry's dad do you think they(the writers ) will eventually have Emma and Him get back together? :?:
ugh there are so many questions surrounding him, I really hope they don't make us wait to the end of season two to answer some of these questions.

@wiley I agree that Baelfire would have entered this world at the same time basically as Pino and Emma. I think the porthole Bae went through was somehow linked to the same time-frame in our world that the curse went into effect.
To me that's the best reason that he would not have to be 300 years older than everyone (except Rumple).

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/25/2012, 12:13 am by playarita

Blu wrote:I don like the idea that Bae is Peter Pan

Pls tell when has Rumpelstltskin said that he lived for 300 years. Others sites have gone bezerk with that age calculation the point where litteral wars between people are raging. Peter Pan cannot be Bae because he went o a land without Magic. Blue Fairy knows his whereabouts probably like she knew where to send August to acually seclude Emma in prison.

Here is the specific interview where Robert Carlyle states Rumple is 300 years old. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am researching if there any other fairy tales where Bae could have maintained his age the way he could have as Peter Pan?

I was contemplating Peter Pan only because that was the only story I could think of that had that specific plot point. From my research of Peter Pan, the aspect of Peter came from Barrie's own life and Pan was influenced by Greek mythology. In Greek mythology there are myths concerning immortality and eternal youth.

It may be possible that Bae drank from the fountain of youth periodically throughout his life [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And interestingly enough there is a connection to Florida.

Another possibility is that this could something where he had heard about eternal youth and/or immortality back when our world was more rooted in magic (which could say for instance given us artifacts that had FTL's magic) and what happened was that he was cursed with eternal youth (or slowed aging for instance) and it was not until meeting Wendy did her true love's kiss free Bae from the curse. Bae in turn could have accepted it and believe that he and his father would never reunite.

I sort of like this vein of thought because it parallels Rumple and Belle but in Bae's case he is brave enough to break the curse and be with Wendy.

OH! and I just remembered a movie I had seen ages ago: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Tuck Everlasting where it is about a family of immortals. Maybe Bae and Wendy and their family had their families and drank the fountain of youth if they so chose? Neal could then be a descendent of Bae's...

Last edited by playarita on 11/25/2012, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some more information)

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/24/2012, 11:01 pm by hermione982175

@Blu Robert Carlyle confirm that Rumple's age is 300 years old in an interview with entertainment weekly. Plus we already knew Rumple is old anyway because of the dark curse so that interview he did confirm of Rumple's age.

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/24/2012, 8:53 pm by Bluphoenix444

I don like the idea that Bae is Peter Pan

Pls tell when has Rumpelstltskin said that he lived for 300 years. Others sites have gone bezerk with that age calculation the point where litteral wars between people are raging. Peter Pan cannot be Bae because he went o a land without Magic. Blue Fairy knows his whereabouts probably like she knew where to send August to acually seclude Emma in prison.

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/24/2012, 6:54 pm by playarita

The timeline I am using:
We know Rumple says he has lived for about 300 years (I am assuming that is after turning into the Dark One).
We know that Bae was sent after Rumple turned into the Dark One soon after--he was 14 years old.
FairyTale Land moves at the same time in our own world.

First, if 300 years had passed in FairyTale Land since Rumple turned into the Dark One then we can guess that Baelfire was sent to the land with no magic about the same time. That means Baelfire entered our world in the early 1700s.

If Bae was/is Peter Pan he may have ended up in Neverland. He could have seen the opportunity that presented itself in ending up in Neverland. It would give the ability of staying young and waiting for his dad. Now if Bae was aware of the years that went by in our own world it is possible that the hope of Rumple giving up his powers decreased until it was non existent.

Then he met Wendy.

Wendy was about 12 when she went to Neverland making her about a couple years younger then Bae (well when he entered Neverland he would have been 14). In the story or the movie don't remember which Wendy mentions wanting Peter to talk to her parents about something very sweet which I believe was an engagement then marriage

Onto the novel... the story was published in 1911. I am using it as a way of estimating when Wendy was born. As well as when Bae would have been born (not real age but age that he stopped growing). Wendy would have been born late 1800 (around 1899 possibly 1900) with Bae being "born" a couple years earlier.

Regarding the life expectancy it is possible that depending on the climate in Britain in that time (since there was a very serious outbreak of influenza in the early 1900s and serious sanitation issues in that time--like no one cleaned horse excrement etc. It was that bad--all of this could weaken an immune system), then add the expectations of family (is a woman expected to have a lot of children in that era, and possible religious expectation) then Wendy more than likely lived to around 40 to 50 years of age. Bae may have lived to around 50 or 60 or around the same time possibly sooner. I say sooner because being from Fairy Tale Land then Neverland he might not have been able to avoid the various illnesses that struck Britain such as influenza (around 1918), typhus (around World War I) then there was polio, mumps, small pox etc.

(I am basing these life expectancies on my own family genealogy where in those times it was common to have men and women live to about 40 and 50 years in age possibly longer if fortunate).

With them having children around the 1920s to 1930s (they were past 18 years of age by then) then the children of Wendy and Bae would possibly bear Wendy and Bae's grandchildren around the 1950s and 1960s. The grandchildren would then bear Wendy and Bae's great grandchildren around the 1970s and 1980s...

That means that Bae and Wendy would be Neal's great grandparents.

Going back to novel... It is possible that Barrie could have known Wendy's family and heard her fanciful tale. He then decided to write down the story with his own spin believing it was the work of Wendy's overactive imagination. But the mentioned that Neverland was offshore from the mainland meaning it was located in our world--sky or sea not sure.

This could explain why we do have some "magic" in our world simply a more elemental, and primal source of power. We also have creatures like fairies, imps, brownies, (see more here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and some seem to be in tune with these primal sources of power rather than the magic that exists in FairyTale Land which can be "physically" manipulated...

I would like to believe that Bae and Wendy keep a journal or an illustrated book about Bae's life up to how he met Wendy which would be passed through the generations but for their family only. The specific details would have been kept in the family but alternate tales (to protect themselves from possible threats).

As for how FairyTale land had their stories make it to our own world to be honest I am not quite sure. It is possible that some of the storytellers of various places were able to tap into a place that connects all lands--essentially lucid dreaming and in a place where stories is power, and used a monetary means of obtaining information, items etc. That or they were able to tap into the "magic" of FairyTale Land through the use of imagination and dreams. I prefer dreams as with dreams people often get details wrong which could be why we have the stories be based on some truth but still off the mark (evident in the episode Tallahassee).

Last edited by playarita on 11/24/2012, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add some details)

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/24/2012, 6:31 pm by playarita

I love the idea of Neal being a descendent of Bae. I especially love this idea because it seems to really show the consequences of magic and the price that has to be paid. What better way (plot wise) to have the price that Rumple has to pay is the fact that his son has lived, loved and died knowing that Rumple had abandoned him and that Rumple has to live and grieve the consequences (maybe after the curse is broken going to his son's grave).

I do like the idea of Bae being Peter Pan if only because according to Wikipedia Barrie had originally called our land as mainland essentially denoting that neverland was a physical island offshore Britain (in the sea or sky not sure) so that would mean that Neverland existed in our world. (I have to add that my theory with Peter Pan was due to knowing only this story with this plot point, and under Baelfire I have discussed other possibilities)

From what I assume is that our world is without magic. However more specifically it is without FairyTale Land's magic but that does not mean we do not have our own magic. We do have supernatural and paranormal creatures (fairies, imps, the Coyote from mythology--though I think of Charles DeLint's character of Jack) and humans do have some ability but its more in the tapping of the elements and the source rather than actual physical manipulation.

That could then be why Neal, who has FTL blood in him though faint, would recognize what was in the box. It was connecting to the stories he heard as a kid (could have been "history" of Bae) and did not think was real or possible...

Until that moment he peered into the box.
(Also note that I will post the Bae specific information in the Bae thread).

Last edited by playarita on 11/25/2012, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a bit more)

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/4/2012, 7:26 pm by SW7_PC2

playarita wrote:I thought the white rabbit too but in one of the sneak peeks Neal tells Emma that her name was a "good name" the way Rump did when he first met Emma.

I wonder if they purposely threw that in there so that when we saw the clip we would instantly make that connection?

Could be all! Maybe Bae went to WL first, sugared up to the QoH and then was sent to OW as Neal...too many likenesses! But we hopefully shall see!

Makes a lot of sense for Cora to send Neal the post card. It was a homing pigeon btw...kinda FTL-ish...

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/4/2012, 6:52 pm by Guest

i also still believe he is bae and somehow henrys dad. but they do make good points on the white rabbit theory, thats for sure lol.

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/4/2012, 6:33 pm by TheSaviorsSwan

I think that Neal is Bae, but I am pretty sure that when Emma tells Rumple her name he says that it is a lovely name. And I don't think that he is the white rabbit.

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/4/2012, 6:00 pm by playarita

I thought the white rabbit too but in one of the sneak peeks Neal tells Emma that her name was a "good name" the way Rump did when he first met Emma.

I wonder if they purposely threw that in there so that when we saw the clip we would instantly make that connection?

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/4/2012, 3:20 pm by Guest

that is VERY interesting!!! im really wondering now if he is the white rabbit. its just like the writers to apply meaning to their names...

now im also wondering if they will eventually make Emma Alice. if you think about it alice went to WL when she was a kid and later on forgot about her journey until she went back to WL in The Looking Glass. this is very much like Emma's journey, only she was in FTL rather than WL, and was a baby instead of a kid.

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/4/2012, 12:01 pm by SW7_PC2

Because of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] essay someone wrote, I kinda half agree, Neal may be the White Rabbit...too many connections to NOT be!

And I think now that the postcard came from FTL (Cora) to our world somehow. Because the White Rabbit worked for the QoH "guiding" Alice on her trip...so this could be the case! Read the article, it says spoliery, but it isn't really!

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/2/2012, 2:28 am by playarita

I definitely wish that they explain how he was able to basically stay youngish for 200 plus years since Rumple is said to be over 300 years old.

I definitely agree that he was pulled into our world when the curse was put into place. I wonder if Rumple had that implied in the curse? As a way of forcing Bae into the world that Rumple would be in.

Then that might mean that he was in another magic-less world that is different from ours where longevity is a possibility or achievable. Or perhaps he became a beloved character that we are familiar with such as Peter Pan? Then he got pulled into our world?

(It seems that all of the books that beloved either as children or throughout are parallel worlds to each other and depending on the nature of the book grants them portals to each other).

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/1/2012, 9:21 am by wileycatpp

playarita wrote:If Neal turns out to be Bae then that means that for close to 300
years he was world jumping until he ended up in our world. It is possible that he got lost in the "void" between worlds and spent his time flitting in and out of worlds becoming "characters" of many different stories. I believe that it was not the Blue Fairy's intent to send Bae directly but to possibly have to blindly look for our world. Perhaps as a way of ensuring that Rumple would do what it took to come to our world (she did give him the hint after all).

He met Emma 10 years ago and given in the promo he looked to be about 25. So he spent about 275 years lost in the void and then came here at around 14 and has been here ever since.

Although I sometimes wonder if when we do meet him he is going to be an extremely old man and that is the price Rumple has to pay: seeing his only son die in his arms because of his fear, and need for power.

Hey Playarita I think BAe came to our world around the same time give or take a few yrs as emma and pino. I dont think he was world hopping unless they make him Peter pan/a lost boy and he was in nevrland all that time. Short of that i think he went through the portal and it brought him to our world around the time the curse was enacted.

Back to top Go down

Post on 11/1/2012, 5:10 am by playarita

If Neal turns out to be Bae then that means that for close to 300
years he was world jumping until he ended up in our world. It is possible that he got lost in the "void" between worlds and spent his time flitting in and out of worlds becoming "characters" of many different stories. I believe that it was not the Blue Fairy's intent to send Bae directly but to possibly have to blindly look for our world. Perhaps as a way of ensuring that Rumple would do what it took to come to our world (she did give him the hint after all).

He met Emma 10 years ago and given in the promo he looked to be about 25. So he spent about 275 years lost in the void and then came here at around 14 and has been here ever since.

Although I sometimes wonder if when we do meet him he is going to be an extremely old man and that is the price Rumple has to pay: seeing his only son die in his arms because of his fear, and need for power.

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/1/2012, 12:51 am by Guest

very true. i wanna know what she knows haha

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/1/2012, 12:47 am by genajamm

BeautyIsSleepingIn wrote:i think itd be cool if it was august

YEA,, BUT HE TURNED TO WOOD COMPLETELY BEFORE THE CURSE WAS BROKEN,, I AM THINKING THAT IT HAS TO BE THE BLUE FAIRY,,, Suspect SHE SEEMS TO ALWAYS KNOW MORE THAN SHE SHOULD,,,,

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/1/2012, 12:38 am by Guest

i think itd be cool if it was august

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum