Once Upon a Time, Chat Time!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fairy Tale Time

Rumple/Mr.Gold

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 Empty Rumple/Mr.Gold

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_DFj2ihys3VDfCTEG1DezWVqs7OQOVEQgZfWEmLeeHzYNObW8awRumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 0000082969_20111018125918

Memorable quote(s): "All magic comes with a price!",
"I'm a fan of true love, Dearie, and, more importantly, what it creates."
"Magic is coming"

Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold
Gnomish, intense, and crazy, he’s the malevolent trickster who can spin straw into gold is able to see the future and prefers his payment in the form of firstborn children. An expert on black magic and the dark arts, this creature has wizardly powers to make him a fair match for anyone in the land. He is one of the most feared beings in Fairytale Land and is notorious for his deals. He is the Dark One, the greatest deceiver in a land where things are rarely what they seem. If you’ve found yourself in a deal with Rumplestiltskin, your luck has just run out. Magic always comes at a cost, and everyone foolish or desperate enough to make a deal with him finds this out the hard way. Even after the curse, he continued to lord over the people of Storybrooke as the enigmatic Mr. Gold. Storybrooke's wealthy resident whose influence seems to know no limit.
However, Rumplestiltskin was not born with such power. Once a simple man of meager means, his love for his son Baelfire drove him down the path toward darkness. Still, love may yet prove to be Rumple’s redemption—his feelings for Belle have begun to reawaken the man he used to be. Someone who has always made the wrong choices, Rumplestiltskin may still have a chance to set things right.

Played By: Robert Carlyle
Twitter
Facebook
IMDb

"Rumplestiltskin is fun to play... it takes me back to my childhood."
"Mr. Gold is not to be trusted... by anyone."

Last edited by SW7_PC2 on 4/7/2013, 12:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
SW7_PC2
SW7_PC2
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Rumple/Mr.Gold :: Comments

wileycatpp

Post 12/6/2012, 11:51 am by wileycatpp

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 12/6/2012, 11:14 am by SW7_PC2

These pics are cracking me up! ROTFL

Back to top Go down

genajamm

Post 12/5/2012, 2:49 pm by genajamm

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 Xmas

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 12/4/2012, 11:11 am by wileycatpp

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 Rumpel-once-upon-a-time-32193596-500-285

Back to top Go down

genajamm

Post 11/28/2012, 10:49 am by genajamm

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 Tumblr_mb1ztfXLFs1rsobeoo1_r2_500

Back to top Go down

genajamm

Post 11/12/2012, 1:26 pm by genajamm

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 Tumblr_m4cev17HCJ1qfeawk

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 11/2/2012, 12:37 pm by wileycatpp

Well said Playarita

Back to top Go down

playarita

Post 11/2/2012, 3:13 am by playarita

I also want to argue against the whole notion of "cowardice" because it
seems to have this very medieval connotation. It actually has been
bothering me for some time now. He was first called a coward for
"running away" from the Ogre Wars.

My belief is that it would
all depend on the context. If for instance due to his physical
limitation he had the role of scout or medic then his "running away"
would actually be for the good of any army. Soldiers are a dime a dozen
but having someone who can scout, be a medic, or any other specialized
occupation means he is more valuable and thus should "run away."

I
suspect that he did his part in the war but might have learned something
about the war (maybe it was simply a ruse or started to further a royal's agenda?), or strategically knew they should have retreated but was
not listened to. Because of his being differently-abled he knew what he
was and was not capable of. Humans by nature have the need for
survival.

For Rumple in that sort of society that meant he had to do
things that were considered against the masculine archetype of that
land. I have some issues with that. It seems that his strength is his being an elocutionist, his intelligence, wit, and strategist (all of the deals he has done that have created outcomes he wanted I believe shows this). Yet this is not seen as appropriate behavior for a male. Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 2351571793

As his cowardice in not fighting Captain Hook for his wife. Really? How is this even an equal fight? Captain Hook who has years of experience as a fighter and Rumple who is simply someone who was born to have a simple and quiet life (though fate had other plans). If anything as much I want shiver Hook's timbers (yes I went there and I think its more because of the actor as much as the character) I still see where he is a bully and knows that Rumple could not fight back. It is sort of like when a group of kids pick a fight with one kid which only shows their cowardice and unfairness.

I am a bit critical of FTL's logic when it comes the gender roles of males. It seems that men are to wave their junk around to see who has the bigger swing and those who do not wish it are seen as less than, cowards, weak etc.

As for his cowardice for not following Bae. My heart goes out to him because he was a coward in some ways but I believe it is an understandable cowardice although I think a better, more apt term is paralyzing fear. He was born as someone that was seen as others as weak, a coward etc and at that moment he had the respect (even if out of fear) of those around him. It definitely created an obsession for power that stems from his fear of becoming the incompetent man he once was: unable to fight back, unable to be a good lover, father, husband, and man in that society. I believe he was afraid that in our magic-less world he was going to face the same stigma and ostracization that plagued him before obtaining his powers.

He has done a lot of questionable things that is for sure. I do not think anyone should deny this. However I do believe he has a greater capacity of demonstrating love and light then anyone, even him, realizes. I have always felt that those who seem to be the darkest can have the ability to be redeemed to have the opposite amount of light but the key thing, is whether they will it. What I hope is that one he wills for it to happen, not be afraid to allow it to happen, be forgiven for his misdeeds and that he can have his happy ending with those he loves, and seems very dedicated to righting the wrongs he had done to them (Belle and Bae).

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 11/1/2012, 2:37 pm by wileycatpp

playarita wrote:I do believe Rumple has changed (he went from changing a guy
into a bug because Bae scratched his knee) to lashing out (in anger and
loss due to his wife's betrayal) to making deals that while had a price
actually had a huge part in breaking the curse (even if he made it). In season 2 he brought
magic specifically so that he could break it even further to find Bae.
If anything it shows huge devotion to both Belle and Bae. I do not think either Rumple or Belle realize this but I definitely look forward to how their romance progresses.

Totally agree Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down

genajamm

Post 11/1/2012, 11:12 am by genajamm

playarita wrote:I do believe Rumple has changed (he went from changing a guy
actually had a huge part in breaking the curse (even if he made it). In season 2 he brought
If anything it shows huge devotion to both Belle and Bae. I do not think either Rumple or Belle realize this but I definitely look forward to how their romance progresses.

VERY WELL STATED,,I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK,,SOOOOO RIGHT ABOUT THE FACT THAT RUMP MADE DEALS WITH PEOPLE THAT HAD A PART IN BREAKING THE CURSE!!! AND I AGREE WITH YOU 100% TRUE LOVE IS WHAT BELLE AND RUMP HAVE,,NOT ALWAYS PRETTY OR MUSHY, BUT A LOVE OF SUBSTANCE AND REALITY TO IT,,I TO THINK THEY WILL ENDURE AND COME OUT STRONGER AND BETTER DUE TO EACH OTHER AND THE LOVE THEY SHARE,,,,

Back to top Go down

playarita

Post 11/1/2012, 3:11 am by playarita

I do believe Rumple has changed (he went from changing a guy

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 10/27/2012, 8:17 pm by wileycatpp

hermione982175 wrote:@Wileycatpp I just want to let you know that in the entertainment weekly (the one with snow white and prince charming on the cover), Robert did an interview about Rumple and reveal Rumple age which is 300 years old. So Rumple been around for a long time.

Oh good I like older men.

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 10/26/2012, 9:09 pm by SW7_PC2

hermione982175 wrote:@Wileycatpp I just want to let you know that in the entertainment weekly (the one with snow white and prince charming on the cover), Robert did an interview about Rumple and reveal Rumple age which is 300 years old. So Rumple been around for a long time.

THREE HUNDRED YEARS OLD! WOW! He doesn't look a DAY over Crazy & Sexy! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 10/26/2012, 3:05 pm by hermione982175

@Wileycatpp I just want to let you know that in the entertainment weekly (the one with snow white and prince charming on the cover), Robert did an interview about Rumple and reveal Rumple age which is 300 years old. So Rumple been around for a long time.

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 10/26/2012, 3:02 pm by wileycatpp

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_DFj2ihys3VDfCTEG1DezWVqs7OQOVEQgZfWEmLeeHzYNObW8aw

Wicked laughing evil

Back to top Go down

genajamm

Post 10/24/2012, 1:59 pm by genajamm

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 The-Crocodile-peter-pan-6585129-300-227RUMPS NEW JOB,, HUNGRY CROC!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 10/23/2012, 3:24 pm by Guest

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 10/23/2012, 3:09 pm by wileycatpp

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 Tumblr_lxnsffeNSs1r2vbld

This says it all rump and me two peas in a pod LMFAO

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post 10/12/2012, 6:27 pm by Guest

the little kid playing younger bae is perfect! great casting!!!!

Back to top Go down

SW7_PC2

Post 10/12/2012, 4:16 pm by SW7_PC2

CarolSmart wrote:
wileycatpp wrote:Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 G3SQP

That little boy playing young Bae is adorable! Where is this picture from?

From a new spoiler I posted. It was like named "The Croc stills" or something like that. But I think in one, the first pic, you can see Milha, rumps wife maybe...on the other side of the table across from Hook.

Back to top Go down

CarolSmart

Post 10/12/2012, 2:36 pm by CarolSmart

wileycatpp wrote:Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 G3SQP

That little boy playing young Bae is adorable! Where is this picture from?

Back to top Go down

wileycatpp

Post 10/12/2012, 2:04 pm by wileycatpp

Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 G3SQP

Back to top Go down

TheSaviorsSwan

Post 10/3/2012, 12:16 am by TheSaviorsSwan

I love that scene, and I loved all the RumBelle scenes.

Back to top Go down

hermione982175

Post 10/3/2012, 12:13 am by hermione982175

That scene was great!!!!! Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 3573983318

Back to top Go down

genajamm

Post 10/3/2012, 12:08 am by genajamm

BeautyIsSleepingIn wrote:i LOVE the scene in his shop with belle and she calls him out for lying to her and she talks about how she thought he had changed and his responce is "uhg, what in the hour you've known me?" Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 3573983318 Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 3573983318 Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 3573983318 he sounded so disgusted it cracked me up.

GREAT SCENE,, LOVED IT!!!Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 3573983318 Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 3573983318 Rumple/Mr.Gold - Page 2 3573983318

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next